Baton & Handcuffs Training
Welcome to the Baton and
Handcuff training course outline. It is the entry
level requirement for Armed Guard licensing.
To qualify for the above program students must hold a current crowd controllers license and/or completed the PRS20103 - Certificate II in Security Operations.
The following units below must be satisfactorily completed to carry a baton and handcuff:
- PRSS0316A Control persons using empty hand techniques
- PRSS0317A Control persons using baton
- PRSS0318A Control persons using handcuffs
PRSS0316A Control persons using empty hand techniques
This unit covers the process of selecting and applying appropriate empty hand techniques to minimise risk to self and others. It requires the ability to use force in circumstances where there is a risk to safety, within requirements of applicable legislation.
PRSS0317A Control persons using baton
This unit covers the process of presenting and controlling a person with a baton. It requires the ability to present a baton confidently in a conflict situation, to use the baton to defend oneself or other people or both and to direct a person within the requirements of the law.
PRSS0318A Control persons using handcuffs
This unit covers the process of using handcuffs to restrain a person. It requires the ability to make sound judgements on the necessity of using handcuffs and the restrictions that apply to their use.
Upon completion of the above units students are entitled to apply for their Armed Guard course.
What employment opportunities will students have?
The Security Industry is a
rapidly expanding profession providing exciting
opportunities in a variety of areas. Persons seeking
employment in handling valuables.
Duration of Course and Starting Dates
This will consist of a three day attendance at the training organisation. Please ring the institute for further information on starting dates.
Full Payment $180.00. Minimum deposit of $150.00 is required.
- Security Training
- PRS20103 Certificate II in Security Operation (inc. Upgrade units) - Entry Level Requirement
- PRS20103 Certificate II in Security Operations - Bridging Program
- PRS20103 Certificate II in Security Operations - Monitoring Centre Operator
- PRS30103 Certificate III in Security Operations - Licensing Upgrade Program
- PRS30103 Certificate III in Security Operations - Bodyguard
- PRS30103 Certificate III in Security Operations - Armed Guard
- PRS30103 Certificate III in Security Operations - Cash-in-Transit
- PRS30103 Certificate III in Security Operations - Control Room